One of the best parts of summertime is the entertaining – BBQ’s, picnics, long lazy lunches and summer parties. Whether you’re hosting a crowd yourself or bringing a contribution to someone else’s event, it is nice to have something unique and interesting to provide by way of food and drinks. Essential oils are a great way to do this, and there are some must have essential oils for summer eating and drinking that you can utilize. Here are just a few ideas for how to add some pizzazz to your creations –
- Flavor your water to make sure you drink sufficiently to prevent dehydration – citrus oils – wild orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit – ginger – peppermint. Add slices of cucumber for an extra refreshing boost.
- Add 1 drop of Metabolic Blend to root beer or ginger ale.
- Add 1 drop of Protective Blend or wild orange to iced tea.
- Add 1 drop of any of those oils to each ice cube and freeze. You could also add cut up strawberries or any other berries to make them look beautiful.
- Add any of these oils to your cocktails for an extra burst of flavor!
- Add 1-2 drops of rosemary essential oil to a bowl of almonds and set out as a healthy snack.
- Cut up apples, soak them in water containing 1-2 drops of a citrus oil or protective blend.
- Add oils to your desserts – lavender is a great flavor enhancer for salad dressings; citrus oils give more flavor to fruit salads.
- Add oils to marinades for meat, chicken and fish before putting it on the grill – black pepper, coriander, rosemary, basil are all great.
- Put 1 drop of oregano and 1 drop of basil in you veggie dip! Or mix them with olive oil and vinegar for a bread dip.
- Make sure to have Digestive Blend on hand for overeating or drinking at parties! It can really help relieve the bloated feeling and the feeling of being too full.
- Take a few drops (or a couple of softgels) of Detoxification Blend to help detox if you’ve had too much champagne!!
- Use the Metabolic Blend through the summer so you can have a bit of summer indulgence and keep your waistline trim! Great for energy too (especially when you put it directly under your tongue).
It’s so fun to get creative and find new ways to use essential oils in your food and drinks. I have started putting a drop of Protective Blend in my morning smoothies and love the flavor it adds, while also adding the health benefit of a good immune boost!
Stay tuned for more information about how to utilize essential oils to keep you healthy during the summer. I will be holding a webinar in a couple of weeks on this topic, as well as key oils to keep you safe and healthy while traveling! I will be having summer giveaways and all kinds of fun things.
If you are new to essential oils and either would like to order some of these ones I’ve talked about, or would like some guidance on where to start, please do email me and I’ll be happy to help you! Also if you want to make sure you are notified the time of the webinar, email me about that too and I’ll make sure you get registered.
And other than that, eat, drink and be merry!!!