EMFs (Electromagnetic Frequencies) are a bit of a hot topic right now, and understandably so. What is less understood is what EMFs are, what they do, and the effect of EMF’s on your health.
So, what are EMFs then? EMFs are more accurately called “Electromagnetic Radiation;” they are a form of radiation that we are exposed to more than ever before due to modern technology. This lower frequency, man-made electromagnetic radiation comes from various devices (cell phones, tablets, computers/laptops, etc.), “Smart Meters,” WiFi, household electricity & appliances, automobiles, solar panels, high voltage power lines (both above & below ground), cell towers, and so on.
These devices that emit EMFs help us stay connected, allow us to stream TV, music, movies, etc., via WiFi, connect our phones to our cars (via Bluetooth), power our homes, and so much more. What we are now learning though, is just how significant EMF exposure is.
- Sleep issues
- Difficulty concentrating
- Neurological disorders
- Cell and DNA damage
- Altered gene expression
- Increased cancer risk
- Increased mold growth
Children can experience these symptoms twofold, and are also showing more than 2 times the DNA damage of adults as well.
A pitfall when it comes to EMFs is that there is no smell, touch, or sound that they make. They cannot be detected without specific meters.
If you are now sitting there reading this thinking about what symptoms you or your family may be experiencing and whether EMFs are related, there are things you can do. A more common sense approach to reducing EMF exposure includes:
- Powering down/unplugging electronic devices when not in use and at night (including WiFi routers)
- Not sleeping with electronic devices in the bedroom
- Using corded headphones or the speaker when listening to music or talking on the phone (avoid holding the phone up to your ear as well as Bluetooth headphones)
- Limit smartwatch use
- Limit Bluetooth use, turn it off whenever possible
Along with the above suggestions, there are also products designed to mitigate the effects of EMFs on the body. EMF Solutions, a San Diego based company, has a line of products that filter EMFs. Blocking EMFs altogether, though ideal for health reasons, would render our beloved devices useless, so by filtering the EMFs, these products allow you to continue using your cell phone, WiFi, etc., while minimizing the risks.
EMF Solutions’ product lineup includes:
- Better ZZZ’s
- Goes underneath mattresses for decreased sleep disruption.
- Car Harmonizer
- Charges phones AND remediates EMFs (I just think that’s quite the win-win).
- EMF Phone Chip
- Goes between the cell phone and a rubber or silicone case.
- Laptop Chip
- Attaches to the bottom of laptops, as well as tablets.
- Master Plug-In
- Plugs in to an outlet for spaces where there are multiple sources of EMFs.
- Home Remediation Kit
- Includes several products to jumpstart EMF remediation in your home.
If you are interested, you can find all of these products here.
For those local to San Diego, I am hosting a lecture with EMF Solutions Thursday July 12th, 2018 at 6:00 pm PDT and invite you to attend and learn more! For those not local to us, we will be live-streaming the talk through our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/restormedicine.
What: Electromagnetic Frequencies: How They Harm Your Health & Ways to Remediate
Where: RestorMedicine, 928 Fort Stockton Drive, Suite 213, San Diego, CA, 92103
When: Thursday July 12th, 2018 from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm PDT
To learn more about EMF Solutions, click here.